× Discussions

• nikki3
  • nikki3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
6 months 3 weeks ago #18415 by nikki3
nikki3 created the topic: Calipers/Rusting
I have had my ASX since new in Sep'13 ( and a Mitsubishi owner for approx. 20 years). Last year I was staggered to learn that 'a' caliper had to be replaced in order for the car to pass its MOT. Today, with still only 17k on the clock, I was told the another caliper(s) had to be replaced at a cost of £500+. Apart from a slacking of the hand brake there has been no other signs (no squealing/dragging) - and I drive as my Dad taught me - to read the road ahead, remove my foot from the accelerator and not slam on brakes!!

The dealer told me previously that as I was garaging my car every night this contributed to my cars' rusting (I'm in the North Of Scotland). Is this true? I am not buying anymore Mitsubishis but do I need to move South??? And if the garage picked up a problem last year (and by the way they said I was the 4th car that week with a caliper problem) should they not just have replaced all calipers then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 2 weeks ago #18418 by Eck0011SW
Eck0011SW replied the topic: Calipers/Rusting
I had a caliper issue as the caliper had stuck in the off position and the garage i put it into to have my handbrake adjusted told me that part that i required had not been developed yet (it obviously had as it wouldnt be on the car) and that it would cost me in excess of 500 pounds as they would have to send the caliper away for to be reconditions resulting in storage of carand about 10 days off the road before it would be returned, took it to another garage they managed to resolve the issue for 50 pounds but had instructed me to keep an eye on it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by