× Discussions

What tyres to replace originals?

More
6 years 10 months ago #2838 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic What tyres to replace originals?
Probably a daft question, but will the dealer be able to get me any tyres I want, or will they just offer me Dunlops as they are the tyres that the ASX comes with?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Numbersix aka Phil Berry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
6 years 10 months ago #2839 by Numbersix aka Phil Berry
Replied by Numbersix aka Phil Berry on topic What tyres to replace originals?
Your dealer will have a hopefully both options , but there are a number of alternatives to using them . From what I have seen , appropriate tyres for the ASX cost between £90 and £170 a corner . Depending on the surface conditions you drive upon , will also limit your choice . The Continentals appear to be a decent alternative, as do the Geolanders from Yokohama , and I have heard good reports about the Bridgestone tyres too .I think if you can afford a complete set of wheels , then a winter tyre is also worth while considering , for when the road temperature does not get above 7C , and they should last several seasons . But excluding the last two winters , the trend had not been in their favour , however as predictions are for a period of wetter colder winters, then they are now a real consideration .

More
6 years 10 months ago #2843 by Alison
Thanks, i'll take a note of them with me.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2891 by Alison
Got the Yokohama Geolanders. I had put the Continentals first on the list but they had to be ordered. Also got my ECU update and a DPF update, new wipers, wheel alignment. All in £340, ouch.

• Numbersix aka Phil Berry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
6 years 10 months ago #2892 by Numbersix aka Phil Berry
Replied by Numbersix aka Phil Berry on topic What tyres to replace originals?
Was that a service and a pair of Geolanders Alison ? Surprised at needing new wipers unless there was some damage . A bit of vinegar in solution is handy for removing the crud when they don't appear to be cleaning well.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2895 by jeffers
Replied by jeffers on topic What tyres to replace originals?
Alison, whats your verdict on the Yokohama Geolanders noise wise compared to the old Dunlops?

Time to create page: 4.311 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by