× Discussions

What tyres to replace originals?

More
6 years 6 months ago #2899 by Alison
Alison replied the topic: Re: What tyres to replace originals?

Phil Berry wrote: Was that a service and a pair of Geolanders Alison ? Surprised at needing new wipers unless there was some damage . A bit of vinegar in solution is handy for removing the crud when they don't appear to be cleaning well.

No service, just the tyres and associated things (tracking? wheel alignment?) We knew it needed wipers, they weren't clearing properly. they are well used as it's always raining where I live ;)

Jeff Powley wrote: Alison, whats your verdict on the Yokohama Geolanders noise wise compared to the old Dunlops?

I'm not sure but I think they may be noisier? And I can't feel any difference handing wise, I was hoping I would.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Numbersix aka Phil Berry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #2900 by Numbersix aka Phil Berry
Numbersix aka Phil Berry replied the topic: Re: What tyres to replace originals?
I think that is a bit on the pricey side for the that . Should have been less than £300 for the lot . Did you haggle , or were you British about it ? Or am I being mean ?

I believe the Geolanders will be more noticeable in the wet and snow , and maybe more durable .

• Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #2901 by Numbersix aka Phil Berry
Numbersix aka Phil Berry replied the topic: Re: What tyres to replace originals?
Perhaps I am not being mean . Price for two Geolanders fitted plus wheel alignment at National Tyres £247 . Blades do not cost £100 . And I'm sure there are better deals to be had than that !!

Another consideration maybe the lesser known Falken Ziex ZE-912 . They review well , and with quidco , it is possible to get them fitted bellow £100 a corner at a few places .

Wiper blades should be obtainable for under £20 - so savings over £100 could be made . I really should go out more !!

More
6 years 6 months ago #2904 by jeffers
jeffers replied the topic: Re: What tyres to replace originals?
Quite interesting about there being no real change to the drive, which version of the tyre are they. As Phil noted they may be good on the snow in which case combined with no change in summer running from the Dunlops would be an excellent combination.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #2905 by Alison
Alison replied the topic: Re: What tyres to replace originals?
Nah I didn't haggle. It needed done and that was the only time I could take it in, so just went ahead.

Tyres 202
Blades 26
labour 52
VAT 56

Total 336

This is the tyre, the HTS version (not the ATS) www.yokohamatire.com/tires/detail/geolandar_h_t_s
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Alison.

• Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
6 years 6 months ago #2906 by Numbersix aka Phil Berry
Thanks for your candour Alison .The price of convenience .I reckon that you might have got it all done at the dealer for £300. Looks like they could be the choice for anyone wanting better winter performance, like the two bad winters we just had , Mike and Bernie, may become a threesome this year . Can you put a price on piece of mind ?

Time to create page: 2.331 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by