× Discussions

What tyres to replace originals?

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #3003 by jeffers
Replied by jeffers on topic What tyres to replace originals?
Thanks for the link Alison, not seen those Geolanders before as they don't seem to appear in the online reviews.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by jeffers. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #3101 by A-M
Replied by A-M on topic What tyres to replace originals?
Next week's Auto Express has test results on the best winter tyres if anyone's interested. I'll put up a link here when it eventually goes onto their website...

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #3242 by cas-couple
Replied by cas-couple on topic What tyres to replace originals?
Hi I replaced the two fronts with Dunlop Grandtrek ST20 these have loads more grip they are a M&S tyre so should be better in the winter, they seem to have a firmer side wall with less roll when cornering.the downside is we have lost 2mpg as an average.
The old fronts were well worn on both inside and outside edges at 22k.I got mine from quickfit as it's a lease car and that's where they say it goes other than the main dealer who don't stock tyres anyway for the asx.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by cas-couple.

More
6 years 10 months ago #3244 by david
Replied by david on topic What tyres to replace originals?
Hi all,
This weeks auto express done a survey on best winter tyres and comtinental contiwintercontact TS 830P where the best winter tyre. They are not cheap as they run in at £177.

More
6 years 8 months ago #4066 by jawswars
Replied by jawswars on topic What tyres to replace originals?
Hi, I recently brought the ASx 3 model in March with 6K on the clock. It had 4 dunlop tyres and the tread was great on them all. I parted with my cash in the anticipation of motor free bills for a few years give a bit of wear and tear on consumables, ie wipers etc. Anyway, in July, I noted that both front tyres were worn on the edges with no tread. Back to the main dealer with this problem and they took the car in. The service manager was not able to help at this time as he did not have the (I assume digital) settings to investigate if the problem was caused by tracking or a fault of the manufacturer with the wheels? he stated that Mitsubishi must be aware of a problem to have not turned me away straight away (head office). Anyway, back the car went about 4 weeks later and the outcome was that it was the tracking and therefore my fault, with the implication I must have hit a kerb or gone over too many sleeping policemen. This has definitely not happened and when I explained that i would expect tyres to last more than 5 months he implied it was the roads of today and my driving! Needless to say he warned me that if I persued the matter he would bill me for the work already undertaken as this was not covered by the extended warranty I have taken on the car. I am not happy at all. Also, a colleague at work has the 4 x 4 version and her car has the exact same problem- Wearing of the outside tread. Not good!! Do you or anyone else know where I can write to bring this issue to the table? Where is the main head office? I have not been on this site before so if this message is not viewed by all can you add to the discussion page? many thanks

More
6 years 8 months ago #4067 by Rob_Quads
Replied by Rob_Quads on topic What tyres to replace originals?

Debra Upton wrote: Do you or anyone else know where I can write to bring this issue to the table? Where is the main head office?

First port of call would be

Mitsubishi Customer Servers
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Phone number : 01285 647774
Technical helpline : 0906 586 0001

Time to create page: 4.325 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by