Can't lock doors when pressing the close button.

• dsweeney
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 5 months ago #18038 by dsweeney
ASX
Year 2015
1.6 Diesel

Every once in a while, when pressing the open button on the fob, the mirrors don't open, plus there are no lights in the cabin.
Then if I try to lock the car with the fob, nothing happens, car is still open and mirrors still locked.
If I close the drivers door with the key, it closes the drivers door, but all other doors are left opened.
I can open the mirrors by pressing the release mirror button on the drivers door.
Also, at the stage, the radio, the reserving camera doesn't work. The orange lights on the fan buttons don't work either, but the fan still works.
If I then drive the car for about 5 to 10 minutes, the radio, all lights come back on and everything is working as normal.
The radio time goes back to 00:00 but after sometime (10 minutes) the time resets itself correctly and all my preset stations are available again.

This problem has happened about 3 times in the last 4 months. Never happened previously.

Any ideas what causing this, because not been able to close the car can cause me a lot of inconvenience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #18040 by Telferstr
Replied by Telferstr on topic Can't lock doors when pressing the close button.
That is a strange fault, but wondering if it is battery related. After you have driven the car for 10 mins or so, this maybe enough time to recharge the battery to a sufficient level for all system to function correctly. As it only happens now and then it maybe worth checking the batteries voltage output when this condition arises. Also worth checking that the battery terminals are not slack and are nice and tight on the post connections.
Just a thought. Other than that it could be a relay of some kind that is sticking or an electrical component breaking down within the system.
Sorry I can't be of any further help.
Maybe a quick word with the Service Manager at your Dealer could help supply an answer.
Regards,
Telfer.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Telferstr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 4.140 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by