• Len
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago #15685 by Len
Electrical Gremlins was created by Len
Hi All,

Has anyone heard of problems with the start/battery system? For the past week my 2011 ASX4 diesel has been very intermittent, starting some days like there's nothing wrong and other days exhibiting symptoms of an old battery and not starting at all requiring jump starting.

Has anyone experienced trouble of this sort?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #15689 by A-M
Replied by A-M on topic Electrical Gremlins
Hi Len, sorry I've not heard of any problems. My car is a Sept 2010 ASX & the battery is still ok.

More
3 years 4 months ago #15695 by shenton
Replied by shenton on topic Electrical Gremlins
My 2010 ASX3 4wd was very sluggish to start on cold days so I put my meter across the terminals just prior to winter and it was below 12 volts. tried charging but no good. As mine has AS&G the battery was over £200 fitted. A non AS&G battery is about £70. It looks like your is on the way out too. Two of my Japanese cars have failed early. Hope yours is a non AS&G motor.

• Len
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #15699 by Len
Replied by Len on topic Electrical Gremlins
I had anoher "no start" event last night . Symptoms were clicking noise and interior/instrument lights dimming. Checked the battery volatage and read 12.28 VDC, more than enough to turn the engine over. I think I read in the manual that normal no load voltage should be on the order of 12.48 VDC so it looks like either a bad connection somewhere or a component intermittently failing We'll see what the dealer says this Friday.

Thanks for the input lads, I'll advise on what the dealer says....
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Len.

• Len
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #15864 by Len
Replied by Len on topic Electrical Gremlins
Hi All,

Had the battery replaced under waranty last week and no more problems, the service manager was as surprised as I was due to the symptoms but no complaining from me since it was all at no cost.

Cheer...
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Len.

Time to create page: 2.695 seconds

Site Hosted & Managed by